Shipping- United States & Canada
Below you’ll find the most frequently asked questions regarding Kitco’s shipping and insurance fees. The information below is for shipments being sent to an address within the United States, and Canada. For FAQ’s regarding orders being shipped outside the US and Canada, please refer to our International Shipments FAQ.
- What are the shipping and insurance costs?
- Will any duties and taxes be charged on the shipment that Kitco sends me?
- How are purchases shipped?
- Can I have my purchase shipped to a location other than the address on my account?
- Will items be left without a signature?
- Who is liable should my package be lost or stolen while in transit?
- What should I do if my shipment is damaged or missing items?
- What happens if a package shipped by Kitco is undeliverable?
- Can I pay for my purchase or pick it up at your retail store or at any other Kitco location? Is there any charge for this service?
- How can I track my package?
- Can I return or exchange my items?
For precious metal bullion products purchased from Kitco, the following shipping and insurance charges are applicable:
Standard/ regular purchases
United States & Canada
5-10 business days*
FREE with purchase of $5,000 USD or more**
3-4 business days
1-2 business days
$4 per $1,000 of value
Items being shipped to a P.O Box or to rural areas will be shipped using Ground service.
*Ground service delivery may take up to 21 business days in rare circumstances.
**Purchases valued at $5,000 USD/CAD or more that are being shipped to the continental United States, or within Canada will be shipped using Standard service, free of charge, unless another option is selected.
International shipments are shipped using Standard shipping service and may be subject to additional delivery delays depending on customs clearance. International shipping costs start at $135 USD and vary depending on your exact location and value of your order. It is recommended that you call or email us for an international shipping quote before placing your order.
Large/ non-standard purchases
Large/non-standard purchases include, but are not limited to:
- Multiple 500-coin Monster Boxes;
- 100 or 400 oz gold bars;
- 700 oz or more of product;
- Purchases worth over $100,000;
- Purchases requiring armored shipment;
- Purchases deemed non-standard by Kitco.
Large/non-standard purchases may be shipped in more than one package and are often shipped by armored car. Such shipments cost more than the rates advertised in the above table. Packages shipped by armored car can be delivered only to businesses, banks or depository services and not to residential addresses or post boxes. If such a delivery can be arranged or facilitated by Kitco, a price will be quoted for it on a case-by-case basis. For shipping quotes and time frames for armored car services, call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999.
If you request delivery of precious metal bullion products to a location outside the United States and Canada, taxes and duties, including Value Added Taxes (VATs), may be applicable on the shipment, depending on the country of import. As per our Terms and Conditions, you are solely responsible for paying any fees, taxes or duties (including VATs) that may be levied by the competent authorities in your jurisdiction.
Purchases are shipped to Canadian and United States addresses by Kitco’s preferred mail delivery services. All packages require a signature. Certain high-value items and large, or non-standard purchases require other methods of shipping. For details, see “How are large purchases shipped?”
Depending on its weight and value, your purchase may be shipped in more than one package and may arrive on different days. If you are not at home when the courier attempts to deliver your package, they will leave a notice asking you to contact them to re-schedule the delivery or to arrange for you to pick up the package. When picking up your package, please carry valid photo identification. If you do not receive your package within the appropriate shipping timeframes, please call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999.
International shipments (outside the United States or Canada) are shipped using Kitco’s preferred courier services and are shipped from Canada. All packages require adult signature. You are responsible for any customs fees, VATs, or duties that are incurred through the shipping process. It is strongly recommended that you contact your local customs agency prior to transacting to ensure you are well informed on the potential costs, as well as any documentation that may be required to import your metals. If you do not receive your package within the appropriate shipping timeframe listed in the table above, please call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999.
In most circumstances, you can request to have your purchase shipped to an address other than the one on your account:
- Call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999 to place your order, or call us after your order has been placed.
- Inform the customer service representative that you want your purchase shipped to an alternative address
- Specify whether you want only the present purchase or all future purchases shipped to the alternative address
- In certain circumstances, you may be required to fill out a Shipping Direction form to fill out and send back to us along with a clear copy of a valid, government-issued photo identity document (passport, driver’s license, national identity card, citizenship card or permanent resident card).
When having your purchase shipped to an alternative address, please note that:
- Transactions paid by credit card can only be shipped to the credit card billing address.
- Kitco cannot be responsible for any package delivered to a non-residential address and signed for by a third party
- Only purchases shipped by U.S. Postal Service registered and insured mail or by Canada Post can be sent to a post office box
- Once a package is signed for, it is no longer covered by insurance
- For all other shipping methods, you must specify a street address and the package must be signed for upon delivery
All packages shipped by Kitco require a signature upon delivery. If you do not have a signature waiver on file with the courier company and you believe that your package was delivered without your signature having been obtained, call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999 immediately.
Kitco cannot be held responsible for any packages delivered to you if you have a signature waiver arrangement with UPS or FedEx.
Kitco fully insures all shipments. Our insurer is liable if anything should happen to your package while it is in transit. However, Kitco cannot accept responsibility if:
- You have a signature waiver on file with the courier company
- You have your purchase delivered to a non-residential (or alternative) address
- Your package is signed for by a third party
Kitco recommends to refuse any package that is damaged or appears tampered with. If you think that any items are missing from your shipment, or if you believe that the items were damaged during transit, please call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999 immediately. Please do not discard the packaging in which your purchase was shipped. If an investigation into your purchase shipment is opened, we may need images of the packaging for our records. We may also require a notarized letter from you that attests to what is missing or damaged from your shipment. Our customer service representative will explain what documents and photos are required when you call in to report the missing items.
If Kitco ships you precious metal bullion products that you have purchased and if you refuse to take delivery of the package or if the courier company returns the package to us as being undeliverable for any reason:
- Kitco will promptly notify you about it and seek further instructions
- Once we receive your reshipment instructions, we will resend the package and reapply the usual shipping and insurance charges
- If we do not receive your reshipment instructions within 10 business days of the date on which we notify you of the non-delivery of your original shipment, we will buy the goods back from you
- If Kitco is forced to buy back your precious metal bullion products for the reasons described above, you will be charged an administrative fee of $50
- The precious metal bullion products will be bought back using the last available price fixing published by the London Bullion Market Association on the date that the deadline for receiving your reshipment instructions expires (or the corresponding Kitco live spot price for rhodium) plus applicable premiums
- Proceeds from this sale of your precious metal bullion products, less all applicable fees and charges, will be deposited as funds on your Kitco account
Can I pay for my purchase or pick it up at your retail store or at any other Kitco location? Is there any charge for this service?
Subject to the availability of inventory, you can request to pick up your purchase at our retail store in Canada or one of our locations in the Eastern United States. This pick-up facility is available only for purchases made over the phone. A fee of $70 may be charged for each pick-up. For further information about picking up or paying for a purchase in person or to make a pick-up appointment, call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999.
Depending on the type of purchase you make, your tracking number will be posted on your account online and/or sent to you by email. Tracking number may take up to 24 hours to show any activity through the courier's websites.
Most of our customers are very satisfied with the products that they receive. Kitco will exchange items, at our cost, for items that are damaged, or not in an acceptable condition as stated in the related product description. Damaged items are items that affect the metal value of the item. Due to the nature of precious metals, small scratches, fingerprints, and packaging of the item do not affect the metal value. Exchanges for any other reasons will be at the customer’s cost. When doing an exchange, keep in mind the following:
A like-for-like exchange can only be done if the products that you bought are in stock
If the product that you bought is unavailable, you might be offered a similar product in exchange
If the product that you are offered in exchange is more expensive than the original products that you bought, you will be charged the difference
We cannot guarantee that the products that you are sent in exchange will be uncirculated
You must send your original products to Kitco in their original packaging by any shipping method of your choice, at your own cost
Kitco does not accept returns of precious metal bullion items. Kitco can only offer to exchange your products. We do not offer refunds, but we can buy back your products from you at the prevailing market price at any time. For information on selling products back to Kitco, see our “Selling precious metal bullion products FAQs”. Returns for Cool & Collectible items will be considered on a case by case basis.
To discuss the possibility of an exchange or return, contact our customer service center within three (3) business days of receiving your items. You may contact us by phone at 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999, or, if you wish to include photos, you may contact us by email at email@example.com.