Kitco Allocated Storage
Store gold, silver, and platinum in highly secured vaults in Canada and the United States with Kitco’s Allocated Storage Program. Below you’ll find the most frequently asked questions pertaining to storing your precious metal bullion through Kitco.
- What is the Kitco Allocated Storage program?
- What are the advantages of the Kitco Allocated Storage program?
- How do I enroll in the Kitco Allocated Storage program?
- What kinds of precious metal products can I hold in my Kitco Allocated Storage?
- Where are the precious metals in my Kitco Allocated Storage stored?
- Can I visit the storage facility to view my holdings?
- What are the costs associated with the Kitco Allocated Storage program?
- How will I be invoiced my monthly fees?
- How do I pay my storage invoice?
- How do I add precious metals to my Kitco Allocated Storage?
- How do I sell precious metals from my Kitco Allocated Storage?
- How do I withdraw my precious metals from my Kitco Allocated Storage account?
- Can I view my current Kitco Allocated Storage holdings?
- Are my Kitco Allocated Storage holdings audited?
- Can I request more than one independent audit report per year?
- Are my Kitco Allocated Storage holdings insured?
The Kitco Allocated Storage service allows you to purchase precious metal bullion products from Kitco and store them on a segregated and allocated basis. This means you have title to specific coins / bars in highly secure storage facilities in a COMEX approved depository in the United States, a Crown Corporation in Canada, or in Hong Kong. Kitco Allocated Storage customers can withdraw, add to, or sell their precious metal holdings at any time.
The Kitco Allocated Storage program allows you to easily store and protect your precious metals. The benefits of our program are:
- Metals are segregated and fully allocated. They are stored in your name and remain your property at all times
- Track your holdings online via your Kitco account, at any time of day or night.
- Your metals are fully insured against loss, damage and theft.
- An annual audit report is provided by an independent third party, at no extra cost.
- Top tier secure storage from internationally recognized storage providers ensures the latest security technology to protect your precious metals.
- Affordable and competitive storage rates.
- Benefit from first class service and security at some of the most secure facilities in the world.
- Preferential rates apply when you purchase and store precious metals with Kitco.
Call 1 877-775-4826 (US and Canada) or 514 313-9999 (Worldwide) to speak to our trained precious metals agents. We are here to help from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.
Our friendly personnel will offer you an enrolment package, which includes your Kitco Allocated Storage Agreement and a personalized proposal.
If you don’t have time to call today, simply complete our online quote form. Our dedicated team will respond within 1 business day.
All bullion products sold by Kitco are eligible for storage*:
Gold Silver Platinum All gold products are eligible in minimum increments of 10 oz. All silver products are eligible in minimum increments of 500 oz. All platinum products are eligible in minimum increments of 10 oz. *Storage for non-listed items may be possible. Please contact us.
Precious metals held in your Kitco Allocated storage are stored in the secure storage facility of your choice.
Kitco offers storage in Canada, Hong Kong, or a COMEX approved depository in the US.
No. For security purposes, only those with appropriate high level security clearance can enter the precious metals storage facilities.
Storage fees are based on the quantity and type of precious metals stored. Our competitive rates are personalized for your holdings. Fees are billed monthly.
A precious metals transfer fee of $35 (plus applicable taxes) applies for each sale of precious metals from your Kitco Allocated Storage.
An administrative withdrawal fee of $75 (plus applicable taxes) applies when you withdraw precious metals from your Kitco Allocated Storage. Additional shipping, handling and insurance charges may also apply.
To receive a personalized quote for storage fees, please call 1 877-775-4826 or 514 313-9999 to speak to our trained precious metals agents. We are here to help from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.
You can select to receive your detailed monthly invoice from Kitco via email or postal service. Payment is due within thirty (30) days.
We accept by the following payment methods:
- Credit card
- Cleared funds held on your Kitco account
- Bank wire
To add precious metals to your storage, please call 1 877-775-4826 or 514 313-9999. Our trained precious metals agents will help you buy eligible precious metals products, and will have them transferred to your Kitco Allocated Storage. It is sometimes possible to transfer and store precious metals currently in your possession. Please call and we will help you determine eligibility.
We are here to help from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.
To sell any or all of the precious metals held in your Kitco Allocated Storage, please call 1 877 775-4826 or 514 313-9999. We are here to help from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.
A withdrawal is defined as the physical transfer of precious metals out of your Kitco Allocated Storage and into your possession. Precious metal products cannot be re-deposited into your Kitco Allocated Storage once you have withdrawn them.
To withdraw all or part of the precious metals held in your Kitco Allocated Storage, please complete the Notice of Withdrawal Form[RC1] and send it to us by email, mail or fax.
Postal: Kitco Metals Inc.
620 Cathcart, Suite 900
Montreal, Quebec H3B 1M1
Fax: 1 514 875-6484
In order to ensure security, Kitco will confirm all withdrawal requests by phone.
Yes. You can view your holdings online, by signing in to your Kitco account., and selecting the Kitco storage tab.
Your monthly storage invoice also provides the details of your holdings.
Yes. Your Kitco Allocated Storage holdings are internally audited by Kitco three times a year. They are also audited once a year by an independent third-party auditor, at the beginning of each year. You will receive a free written report of this independent external audit. Your report will confirm the type and quantity of precious metals in your holdings.
Yes. You may request additional third party audits, at your cost. One annual independent audit is included in your storage fee.
Yes. All precious metals held in Kitco Allocated Storage are fully insured. The full cost of insurance is included in your storage fees.
More detailed information regarding your coverage, including limited exclusions, is provided in your Kitco Allocated Storage Agreement.